Life with Dad

Caring for someone with dementia, you have to laugh to keep from crying.

Name:
Location: Texas

This blog is a reflection on being a member of the "sandwich generation". We are those sandwiched between aging parents who need care and/or help and their own children. After an extensive remodel of our house, we moved my parents in with us. Dad has Alzheimer’s, which adds complications to the situation.

Friday, March 04, 2005

Bits and Pieces

"I am putting on my sleeping suit. That is what I am doing."

My husband said that he was putting on his pajamas.

"My pajamas are a sleeping suit. That is what they are."

Dad was very unhappy about being put to bed.

"Why are you are putting my foot in a trap?" (about the multipodus boot to help his pressure sore heal)

"I love my wife to distraction. That is what I do."

"I just got married yesterday. That is what I did."

"I want to sleep with my wife because I love her to distraction. That is true of me."

"I want to have sex with my wife. We just got married yesterday. That is what we did."

"Why are you forcing me to sleep in this bed? I just got married yesterday, and I want to sleep with my wife."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home