Life with Dad

Caring for someone with dementia, you have to laugh to keep from crying.

Name:
Location: Texas

This blog is a reflection on being a member of the "sandwich generation". We are those sandwiched between aging parents who need care and/or help and their own children. After an extensive remodel of our house, we moved my parents in with us. Dad has Alzheimer’s, which adds complications to the situation.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Digestion

Since tonight is Thursday, it's eat-out night. Dad had his usual--chicken fried steak, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Like always, he felt that he had to clean his plate. I guess he ate too much:

"My stomach is very full. That is what it is."

"I will go to sleep tonight. That is what I want to do. I will sleep all night. That is what I will do."

"My digestive system will work tonight while I am asleeep. That is what it will do."

"My stomach is very full now. That is what it is. But I will digest my food while I am asleep. That is what I will do."

"When I wake up in the morning my stomach will be empty. That is what it will be."

"I will eat breakfast in the morning. That is what I will do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home