Life with Dad

Caring for someone with dementia, you have to laugh to keep from crying.

Name:
Location: Texas

This blog is a reflection on being a member of the "sandwich generation". We are those sandwiched between aging parents who need care and/or help and their own children. After an extensive remodel of our house, we moved my parents in with us. Dad has Alzheimer’s, which adds complications to the situation.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Words of Wisdom

Bits from Dad over the past week:

"I like my tongue. That is what I do." "I use my tongue to talk. That is what I do." "If I didn't have my tongue, I couldn't talk. That is what I could not do."

"I am not Chinese. That is what I am not." "I am an American. That is what I am."

"I have an overabundace of facial hair. That is what I have."

"I am a cranky old man. That is what I am." "If I grew a beard, I could be a cranky grandfather. That is what I could be."

"I will live a long time. That is what I will do." "My parents lived to be over 100 years old. That is what they did." "I will live to be over 100 years old. That is what I will do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home