Life with Dad

Caring for someone with dementia, you have to laugh to keep from crying.

Name:
Location: Texas

This blog is a reflection on being a member of the "sandwich generation". We are those sandwiched between aging parents who need care and/or help and their own children. After an extensive remodel of our house, we moved my parents in with us. Dad has Alzheimer’s, which adds complications to the situation.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

My Husband Is a Communist

Dad said so. He call my husband a communist for making him wear the multipodus boot that protects his heel where the pressure sore is. That stated Dad talking about communism and capitalism.

"Russia became communist all at once. The people didn't like it. They resisted communism because it was forced on them." "Communism is being forced on me. I'm jailed in this bed and forced to wear that thing on my foot."

"China became communist slowly. That is what they did." "Because they became communist slowly, they accepted communism."

"Much of Europe is communist. That is what it is." "The Americas are not communist. That is what they are."

"I want to be a capitalist. I like capitalism. That is what I do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home