Life with Dad

Caring for someone with dementia, you have to laugh to keep from crying.

Name:
Location: Texas

This blog is a reflection on being a member of the "sandwich generation". We are those sandwiched between aging parents who need care and/or help and their own children. After an extensive remodel of our house, we moved my parents in with us. Dad has Alzheimer’s, which adds complications to the situation.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sadness

“I am sad. That is true of me.”

“I want to be happy. That is what I want to be.”

Dad said this over and over tonight. I was feeling really bad about it and finally went to ask him what was making him sad.

“I just got married the other day, and they won’t let me sleep with my wife. My door is locked and I can’t get to my bed to sleep with my wife.”

“I love my wife to distraction. That is what I do. I want to have sex with my wife. That is true of me.”

Couldn’t help him here…

1 Comments:

Blogger Margee said...

Could your being a romance writer have any kind of genetic basis?

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home