Life with Dad

Caring for someone with dementia, you have to laugh to keep from crying.

Name:
Location: Texas

This blog is a reflection on being a member of the "sandwich generation". We are those sandwiched between aging parents who need care and/or help and their own children. After an extensive remodel of our house, we moved my parents in with us. Dad has Alzheimer’s, which adds complications to the situation.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Suprise for Bloomberg

Dad's sister was born in 1906 and died in the early 1990s. After attending nursing school in California, she returned home to Texas and lived with her parents for the rest of their lives. This weekend, I learned some amazing things about her.

"My sister met a man and fell in love. Then they got married."

"The man my sister married became the mayor of New York City. He is now the mayor of New York City. That is where they live."

"My sister's picture is on the front page of the New York Times because she is married to the mayor of New York City."

"I saw my sister's picture on the front page of the Dallas Morning News because she is the wife of the mayor of New York City. She is a very beautiful woman."

"The mayor of New York City married my sister because she is so beautiful."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I come here by hazard, but I wass hooked! your writting is amazing. I will return to see if you can maintain the good job :-))
Margee - Nail Fungus

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home