Life with Dad

Caring for someone with dementia, you have to laugh to keep from crying.

Name:
Location: Texas

This blog is a reflection on being a member of the "sandwich generation". We are those sandwiched between aging parents who need care and/or help and their own children. After an extensive remodel of our house, we moved my parents in with us. Dad has Alzheimer’s, which adds complications to the situation.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Babies and Family

Usually, Dad knows who I am, and he often knows my husband. But the other day, he was very confused about our stage in life. He was saying that I had "snuck around behind his back and gotten pregnant some how." (We've been married more than 29 years.) And now "there is a baby walking around the house. That is true of it." "I didn't know white babies could walk like that." (What did he expect, that they fly?)

Another time Dad said, "My daughter married a banker. That is true of her." (My husband is a network manager at a university.) "Her husband makes good money so she can afford to stay home and take care of me. That is true of them." (I've worked full time since 1986 and part time before that.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post Margee. For me what really made a HUGE difference was cutting through all the BS to find something that would finally allow me to stop my cold sores. Now I have my confidence back. Cold Sores are a thing of the past and what a welcome relief it is! If you want to cure Cold Sores lightning fast and even prevent them from ever coming back again, cold sores is what really works. It makes me cringe just to write this when I think about how those stupid cold sores used to literally cause me so much stress and discomfort. Just try it and see for yourself. I'm so happy to be able to share this with others who may be suffering like I used to.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home